newish member!

Introduce yourself to the group. The forum was updated in January 2012, with many new features to help members develop their Heir Hunting business. New to the forum? you need to register top right for link. Only HHA members and certain invited people can join the forum and your email address must be pre-approved. Members should be able to join, any troubles contact us.
woodward
New Forum Member

newish member!

Postby woodward » Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:10 am

Hi I have been a dormant member for several years taking everything in! Now in a position to get started and to face new challenges. I am in the Wiltshire area. Just one quick question someone I have been researching was an only child and had no children. Appears that any other cousins are deceased and had no issue themselves. In this case can the husbands family ie nephews cousins inherit?

many thanks

maurice
Site Admin

Re: newish member!

Postby maurice » Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:43 am

welcome back - thinks have changed for the better due to the way BV now list estates, you can now strike it lucky with some research and land a sizeable estate.

numbers of estates over 12,000 many old ones never on computer before and data may be very limited.

the key to research is to see who is entitled at all and then see who is alive now as they would be direct heirs

an heir who died BEFORE the intestate has their inheritance pass down to their CHILDREN if any, if their line ends as such they are shown as NO ISSUE and their share goes to the other qualifying heirs.

if an heir was alive when the intestate died then they had an entitlement - directed by their will if one was left so contract with the executors - otherwise the law of intestacy starts so their spouse might inherit.

Easy really!!!! but varies with each case, enjoy the challenge
Maurice S Clarke
Founder of the Heir Hunters Association
http://www.heirhunters-association.org.uk
Managing Director of Heir Hunters Researchers Ltd http://www.hha-research.org.uk

Return to “New Members”